*** Please read the entire post right through to the end. Thank you. ***
Journey to Diversity Workplaces is both an experiment and a project. Haven’t you ever wished you could work såomewhere better? Somewhere where they went out of their way to not only appreciate you, but treat you right, and pay you fairly? We want a different kind of workplace where diversity is championed and so is the worker.
At J2DW, our employees are our members. Period!
Respecting differences ethically, morally, and legally.
We are a member of Charity Village, CIRA, OnGood, the Ontario Gay and Lesbian Chamber of Commerce, and a partner with VolunteerMatch.
Journey to Diversity Workplaces invites residents (ideally!) living in Simcoe County (including the cities of Barrie & Orillia,) to submit an expression of interest to join the organization’s board of directors to guide us into a bold, promising future. As a Board member you are strongly committed to J2DW’s vision, mission, and values. You have a strong personal and professional integrity and have experience with, or are comfortable with, the governance — as opposed to management — role. In an era of fiscal constraint, combined with extraordinary population growth, governance leadership will be a significant and rewarding challenge.
Through your professional skills and experience, you will:
– Ensure J2DW lives its values, mission and vision
– Guide J2DW to achieve its strategic directions
– Be responsible for making decisions in the best interests of J2DW
– Be accountable for the monitoring and oversight of J2DW’s performance standards and other outcome measures
– Ensure financial accountability, providing feedback and guidance to the CEO
– Provide a link with J2DW to ensure effective communication of community perceptions and needs
You must be at least 18 years of age and not have the status of bankrupt. Meetings are held in Barrie on the third Thursday of the month around 8 pm local time, usually via Google Hangouts, though we do meet in person once per year.
For more information on our board please contact Peter V. Tretter, President & CEO.
Job Type: Volunteer