Internships & Co-op student placements
Journey to Diversity Workplaces is looking to hire a co-op student to assist in daily business activities, blog writing, essay writing, research, event planning, and fundraising.
This is an unpaid position, and would be ideal for a student wanting to work from home, build a portfolio and gain some great business experience. We try to tailor these positions to the needs of the student and their educational program.
Interns and/or co-op students will be responsible for assigned activities and need to be able to complete assignments with minimal supervision. The student will also be expected to attend any meetings and events.
- Self-starter, motivated to succeed and has a ‘can do’ attitude
- Knowledgeable about area of focus
- Experience in event planning preferred
- Effective organizational, planning and creativity skills are essential
- Possess excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team setting
- Proficient in Libre Office and it’s word/spreadsheet/powerpoint equivalents
Shift required: 20 – 40 hours per week, flexible hours
Starting Date: Year-round
Location: Your home office. However, you will need to be able to attend weekly or bi-weekly in-person meetings in the Barrie, ON area.
Each term we accept two (2) successful applicants. We accept applications all year.
You may apply in confidence via email or via postal mail to:
Peter V. Tretter, President & CEO
Journey to Diversity Workplaces
65 Cedar Point Dr. Suite 164
Barrie, ON L4N 9R3