Respecting differences ethically, morally, and legally!
*** Please read the entire post right through to the end. Thank you. ***
Journey to Diversity Workplaces (J2DW) was born out of the idea we need to work better. We need ethical, moral workplaces, where employees are empowered, and treated fairly. Those who fall under ‘disabled’ or other distinct categories should be treated well, instead of finding loopholes. Respecting differences, ethically, morally, and legally.
The publicist is a communications & relationship manager, communications specialist, and influencer point of contact. They are responsible for developing media relationships, cultivating new contacts within business and specific industry verticals with a goal of creating a positive brand image for J2DW. They’ll ensure the voice, positioning and messaging of the organization is accurately depicted to the public.
Journey to Diversity Workplaces already has its own media contact list with 66 local/national/international contacts that we would want you to help build and fill out. Where possible developing a relationship with each contact is desirable but not mandatory.
The successful candidate will have the following responsibilities:
- Managing media inquiries and requests
- Create content for press releases, keynote presentations and any media statements
- Building relationships with media outlets to grow industry and general business awareness
- Ongoing development and maintenance of J2DW public relations media database
- Ensuring content is being shared and picked up by relevant industry publications, bloggers, and editors
- Maintain relevant knowledge of industry trends and educate the team on topical focus areas for our communication strategy
- Media monitoring and analytics – maintain thorough records and summaries of media coverage providing quarterly and annual updates
The ideal candidate should possess the following skills and attributes:
- 2+ years in a PR role for a non-profit organization
- University degree in English, Journalism, Communication or related field
- Strong knowledge of cloud technology and MailChimp
- Established relationships with business publications and media contacts
- Ability to seek out industry publication contacts and maintain relationships for link building
- Expertise in promoting content in a variety of formats to suit our audience
- Strong knowledge on link building strategies
- Ability to push media releases and develop short-form content to capture media attention
Job Type: Volunteer
If you have any questions about this role, please contact us. We also welcome PR firms whom wish to apply. If that is the case, please use the contact form. This job is also open to post-secondary co-op students!
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.